Wednesday, December 12

Negative Comments About You on Other Blogs


Question:

My dear, give me the chance to ask you a question. It's your first advice to me. What can I do with this [name of a blogger]? May I defend myself and answer him in your blog or don’t care for him any more like I am doing now? His opinion about me made me so angry, because all he said about me is definitely wrong. I know he said that because I prevent him from ever coming to my blog again, and I mean it.. On my dead body can he come again. So, my dear, what would you do if you were me?
You know, I am looking forward to publishing your answer on your blog very soon. Really, I can't wait or stand that. But I am sure that you will do your best to solve this problem.

My best regards.


Answer:

Dear blogger,

Thanks for trusting me with your problem. Your question is shared by many throughout the blogosphere. You are not alone for sure. Many bloggers are attacked either on their own blogs or on blogs which they visit. This can be due to many reasons which led to a kind of conflict between this blogger and her/his reader. Banning comments on your blog is your right in managing what you own, as long as you have your reasons for doing so. My honest advice to you is to keep things into their normal perspective, without over simplying or exggaterating. Or in other words, if you believe this person is attacking you personally and means to harm your image or feelings, then whether you reply to his comments or not depends on the language he used while talking about you. If his comment was only for the sake of insulting you or hurting you, without any definite argument or opinion in what you write, then I advise you to completely ignore such comments. Because usually those who write insults or use bad language only aim to provoke the person in order to get a negative reaction from her/him. Then it turns into a fight that has no meaning, just because the one insulting needs to get attention and enjoys hurting others. However, if you think that the negative comment you received is criticizing definite things that may be misunderstood about you or about your writings, then you should respond to those claims and express your point of view to clarify issues which led to this misunderstanding. Of course the choice is all yours after all. Hope you find my advice to be helpful.
Best luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

إذا نطق السفيه فلا تجبه فخير من إجابته السكوت فإن كلمته فرجت عنه و إن خليته كمدا يموت